Saturday June 6th, 2020, 6:30 PM PST
We are so excited to announce that The Waldorf School of San Diego is hosting our first ever Virtual Community Gathering. This benefit intends to bring our community together with love, joy, hope, and fun while raising the much-needed funds from a raffle and auction to fill the Tuition Relief Fund! We are all missing the connection that we feel in the daily lives of regular school. This pandemic has left some families feeling alone, frustrated, and separated. We want everyone to know that we are 100% committed to keeping all our families in the WSSD Family regardless of how this crisis has affected them financially. We know this doesn’t replace being physically together but does fill the hole we feel in our hearts from being separated in our own homes. Let’s come together in support of one another and Stream the Waldorf Magic!
Every year our community comes together and puts on quite an auction with classroom projects, talented parent offerings, staycations, wine, and travel packages! The online auction will stay open until Monday, June 8, at 9 PM. Some info for the reopened auction:
- You will not be able to see the last bid from the bidding home screen. Once you click on the item you will see the updated minimum bid. The minimum bid was created from the last bid placed with the next increment added. For example, if $100 was the last bid placed and the incremented increase was $10, the re-opening auction item will show $110 as the minimum bid.
- Those of you that had the last bid on an item, if no one else bids on it during this re-opening auction than you are still the winner. Keep an eye on it though!
- If you signed up for text notifications when being out bid, remember that these are new items so until you place a new bid there will not be any notifications. Sorry for that ..it’s the only thing we couldn’t fix.
- All the bidding history of everyone’s previous bids are safe and sound. Wondering how we pulled this off? We created duplicate items, changed the package #, class and minimum bid so we can carry on and end the auction properly. Those of you that love the bidding competition will now have that chance!
- Please take notice of the Class Project offerings on the bidding site
- No credit card charges will be made until after Wednesday this week.
- Total raised so far $18,555! Whoohooo!
- To see the minimum bid (50% of the value or less), you must register with the bidding software…Simply click on an item and you will be directed!
There will NOT be any LIVE “paddle raising” auction during the live virtual gathering. We have created a beautiful program for you for the time we come together. What you see on the auction now are the items available..there won’t be any surprise auctions happening during the Virtual Gathering. As we highlight some of the classroom projects you may want to keep bidding while the Live Event is happening.
Best of both worlds tip! Watch the live event from your desktop and keep bidding from your mobile device simultaneously.
How long is the live event?
The live event that is being held here, will begin at 6:30 PM and last for 60 – 90 minutes.
Can I invite people who don't attend the school?
Yes! All are welcome! Please share with your family, friends, and colleagues!
Is this appropriate for the whole family (even my little ones)?
How are the funds going to be used from this virtual benefit?
100% of the proceeds of this benefit will go to the Tuition Relief Fund. Many families in our community have been challenged financially from this crisis and we have been able to meet their needs individually so their students can remain enrolled in our school. WSSD is committed to keeping every family regardless of how this crisis has affected them financially. The Tuition Relief Fund will offset the tuition allowances we have made and will continue to make throughout this school year.
Do I have to enter my payment information to view the auction items?
No, You can view all the auction items without creating an account. However once the auction opens on Monday, June 1, if you see something you want to bid on, the system will automatically prompt you to create an account where you can enter your payment details.
Will there be a live auction during the Saturday night event?
No. All items for auction are now visible. No live or surprise auctions during the live event Sat night. We want everyone to enjoy the Event program and we’ve extended the auction and raffle to continue until 9 PM on Saturday night so more bidding can be done after the show.
Schedule of Events*
Live Benefit Event Schedule
Saturday, June 6, 2020, 6:30 PM
6:30 PM – Doors Open: Music, photo montages and other offerings from our children to view
6:45 PM – Cambria Berger Starts Program:
- Class Project highlights
- Celebrate our 1st Grade Rising Students
- Video montages from our community, virtual background contest, and classroom offerings!
- Celebrate our 9th Grade Rising Students
- Fun Guest to speak & Movement break
- Celebrate our Class of 2020 Graduates
- Thermometer check-in! Last call for raffle tickets & fun with our community
- Closing Remarks
8:00 PM – Live Event and Raffle Ends
8:15 PM – After Party Begins!
Monday 9:00 PM – Auction Ends
*All times are in Pacific Daylight Time