Mission and Principles
To awaken each student’s capacity for love of learning, for independent thinking, and for heartfelt service to the world.
What guides us
We value humanity, equality, community, and freedom. We offer an education grounded in these principles.
- We are guided by our understanding of human development, as elaborated by Rudolf Steiner, as the foundation of our work. The pace, priorities, and practices of our full curriculum, Early Childhood through High School, grow out of this foundation.
- We strive to have our student population inclusive of the diversity within the greater San Diego community.
- We strive to welcome a community of students, parents, and teachers committed to the principles of social inclusiveness and environmental stewardship.
- We support and guide every student toward higher learning through a curriculum that integrates science, mathematics, humanities, and arts.
What we aspire to
The focus of our work is the development of the whole human being. To further this aim, we strive to provide a beautiful, cohesive campus that radiates learning, working and playing while attracting and expanding full and diverse enrollment supported by abundant resources. We enthusiastically work and serve in the world community as stewards of social renewal.
What we strive for
- Life-long love of learning
- Independent, creative thinking
- Heartfelt service to the world
- Active environment stewardship
- High level of moral maturity and self-esteem
- Balanced perspective on life through immersion in the arts, science, and humanities