Come one! Come all!
Winter Festival and Market
11:00 – 4:00
Join us for:
- Snake and Lily
- Farm Girl Cloth
- Luna Bloom
- The Peace Apothecary
- Sacred Bottle
- Agape Love Creations: Handcrafted items
- Botanical art watercolors. Holiday cards and watercolors of flowers, plants and fruits/vegetables.
- Flower Essences.
- Handcrafted herbal teas, made with immune boosting and stress relieving blends.
- Gift wrapping cloths, hand stitched coasters, upcycled items, mending and stitching kits – all made with natural materials.
ARTS, CRAFTS & ACTIVITIES
- Peg Fairy Dolls – 3 tokens
- Candle bases and candles – 5 and 2 tokens respectively
- Face Painting
- Petting Zoo – Kids in arms are free.
- Crystal Treasure Digging – 4 tokens
- Musical Sweets – 4 tokens
- Winter Festival Puppet show – EC (children 2 and younger). Showtimes at 12pm, 1pm, and 2pm. Only 30 seats per show.
- Snow Fairy Market
Cocoa – 3 tokens
Ornaments – 7 tokens
Mistletoe – 10 tokens
1 mistletoe + 1 ornament – 15 tokens
Where can I park? What does it cost?
Parking is available at the WSSD school lot and at the John Marshall elementary school lot directly across the street. Parking at WSSD is $25 for a pre-assigned spot (click here to purchase). Parking at the John Marshall elementary school across the street is $10 paid at the entrance (cash only).
What does it cost to enter?
Entrance to the WFM is free!
What activities will be happening and how much are they?
There will be a range of activity booths for attendees to enjoy. Kids can make their own peg fairy doll, create candle bases and candles, get their face painted, or dig for crystals. Activities and arts & crafts booths range from $3-5 and are paid with tokens. Tokens can be pre-purchased here for pick up from the Snake & Lily store starting on December 8th or at the Winter Festival.
Will there be a petting zoo?
Yes! This year’s petting zoo will feature over 25 animals, ranging from alpacas to bunnies to pigs to goats. The petting zoo is accessed with a handmade wristband, on sale ahead of time for $10 or day-of for $15 ($12 for each additional sibling). Kids in arms are free.
Tell me more about the Puppet Show!
Our incredible Early Childhood Teachers are putting together a brand new puppet show, performed for the first time at our Winter Festival and Market. There will be three showings of the Puppet Show.
Showtimes at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00
Limited seating – for grade 1 and younger
Line for puppet show will start 15 minutes before each show time.
Use your tokens for tickets.
What can I eat? Do I need to bring anything?
- Three food options are available starting at 11am. Attendees can select from vegetarian Buddha Bowls by Top Notch Catering, tamales, rice and beans from Tamales Ancira and meatballs and polenta by Chef Charlie. Attendees can also enjoy various sweet items at the Sweet Shop.
- We will have some tables and chairs set up, but feel free to bring blankets and make a picnic out of it!
Will there be bathrooms?
Yes, attendees will have access to school bathrooms. Signs will tell you where to go!
Where do I park if I need handicap accommodations?
We have three handicap designated spots in the Waldorf School Parking lot. Please select the handicap space via this Parent Square post (no purchase necessary).
What precautions are you taking for Covid, RSV, flu, germ-season in general?
This event aligns with current WSSD Covid policy. We strive to create a safe and inviting space for our community. Everything is outdoors except for the entrance, the restrooms, Snow Fairy Market and The Puppet Show. Families can use their own discretion on wearing or not wearing masks indoors and outdoors. All variations are welcomed and honored.
Will there be any special guests?
Yes! Our Festival will be visited by the beloved Pocket Lady starting at 12pm. Other visitors to our Festival will include a Winter Fairy, performers on stilts, traveling musicians and more.
What if it rains?
Wear your raincoat and come! This event will happen rain or shine. If it is raining heavily, the festival and market will take place in our auditorium. Masks optional.
What time should I come?
The event starts at 11am and ends at 4pm. Food and vendor booths will open right at 11am and stay open until 4pm (or until supplies last). Activities start at 11:30am. The Petting Zoo opens at 12pm. All activities (including the Petting Zoo) will end at 3:30pm.